Phones and wireless services are cheaper than they used to be, but many individuals still struggle to afford them. Low-income and unemployed individuals find it challenging to purchase smartphones and pay for their monthly wireless services. It’s a sad situation owing to the increasing essence of phones and technology in keeping in touch with family, colleagues, friends, emergency services, and work. Are you among the individuals struggling to acquire smartphone devices? Did you know that you can get a free iPhone with food stamps?
The Lifeline Program
The American government acknowledges that telecommunications have become a necessity rather than a luxury that only a few individuals access. The Federal Communication Commission enacted a program dubbed Lifeline in 1980. The primary objective of this program was to create an avenue through which low-income households could access essential phone services.
The providers of Lifeline offer discounted wireless phone services. Some providers also provide Lifeline-eligible persons with free or discounted phones. Do you participate in food stamp programs? You’re eligible for Lifeline!
So, how do you go about getting a free iPhone with Food Stamps? This guide explains everything for you.
Can I Get A Free iPhone With Food Stamps?
You qualify for Lifeline assistance if participating in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program or SNAP (previously called Food Stamps). Lifeline-eligible US residents qualify for free government-funded cell phones and discounted wireless services.
Some lifeline providers only give discounts, but many offers discounted wireless services and free or discounted cell phones to lifeline clients. The type of device you receive depends on your lifeline provider.
Most lifeline providers allow their clients to access free mid-range Android smartphones. However, some lifeline providers can offer an iPhone with Food Stamps, although such offers are not available in every state.
So, can you get a free iPhone with Food Stamps? Yes, it’s possible if you’re eligible for a lifeline program and your provider has included iPhones in the list of free phones.
How Can I Get a Free iPhone With a Food Stamp?
Follow these outlaid steps to claim an iPhone with Food Stamps.
1. Be Eligible for Lifeline or Emergency Broadband Benefit
We’ve already defined Lifeline as a government assistance program targeting unemployed or low-income families to help them access basic phone and wireless services. Lifeline is a permanent government program that differs from the temporary Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB). The Federal Communication Commission established EBB to offer temporary relief to households struggling to afford the internet in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic.
You must meet one or more of the following threshold requirements to qualify for a lifeline;
- Your income should be 135% lower than Federal Poverty Guidelines
- You must participate in any federal assistance program ranging from Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income, and Federal Public Housing Assistance.
The criterion for Lifeline eligibility is similar to EBB. You can also qualify for EBB if you’ve:
- You got a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year
- Your house experienced significant income loss as a result of layoff or job since February 29, 2020
- The family’s total income dropped to or below $99,000 for single filers, while the joint filers dropped to or below $198,000 in 2020
Step 2: Find A Provider
The second step after establishing and verifying that you’re Lifeline or EBB eligible is finding the service provider in your state. Remember, not all providers offer a free iPhone with stamps, making it essential to ensure that your provider has included iPhones in the list of free phones.
Step 3: Contact Your Provider
It’s time to contact the Lifeline provider that offers free iPhones in the state of residence, seeking assistance in applying for the program to kick-start the process of getting a free iPhone with a Food Stamp.
Most providers have elaborate customer support to guide you on placing an online application site. You must submit information and documentation for identity verification and as proof of Lifeline eligibility. Submit the form once you complete filling it with the information needed for the provider to review.
Your provider takes time to review the form before notifying you if you qualify for their program. The feedback will also include the next steps you should follow and when you will likely receive the phone.
What is The SNAP Or Food Stamp Eligibility Criteria?
According to federal regulations, your resources and income must fulfill three conditions to qualify for the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (Food Stamp).
The first condition reads that your gross household income should not exceed 130% of the poverty line. Larger families have a lower poverty line than smaller families.
The second condition states that a household’s net income (after deductions) must not exceed the poverty line.
Lastly, your assets must go below-set limits. These limits include households without an elderly person – where an elderly person is over 60 years should have $2,500 or less worth of assets. In contrast, families with persons living with disability should have less than $3,750 in assets.
There are a few exceptions where you or your household may be ineligible for SNAP, irrespective of your income or assets. You’ll be automatically ineligible for SNAP if you are;
- An illegal immigrant
- A student and you spend more than half of your time in college
- A legal immigrant that doesn’t meet the given threshold criteria
You also don’t qualify for SNAP benefits if you’re an unemployed adult without a child or children and live in your home without disabilities. Most regions across the states in the United States limit the SNAP benefits available for individuals residing without any disabilities.
Companies Offering a Free iPhone With Food Stamp (SNAP) program
Several EBB and Lifeline providers offer free iPhones with Food Stamp. The list is long, but it’s important to note that some providers don’t provide their services in all states. More providers offer free government Android phones than the free iPhone with Food Stamp providers.
These include the following;
1. Cintex Wireless
Cintex Wireless provides Lifeline and EBB services with free monthly wireless services in the following states across the US;
- Rhode Island
- West Virginia
The following criteria determine whether you’re eligible for a free iPhone with food stamps at Cintex Wireless.
- You must be a participant in at least one government assistance program, including SSI, Medicaid, or SNAP
- You are a resident of the five mentioned states
- You lost your job or experienced furlough notice since February 29, 2020
- Your current income has fallen below 135% of the Federal Poverty line
What’s Cintex Wireless’s Free iPhone Application Procedure?
Visit Cintex Wireless’s official website at apply.cintexwireless.com and sign up by entering your email and ZIP code
- Provide the relevant information in your application process
- Provide the necessary eligibility documents
- Follow the provided on-screen prompts to fill in the form
- Your iPhone will be delivered within a few days if you’re eligible
2. SFone Wireless
SFone is a wireless company that has been expanding recently in the US. This EBB provider assists families struggling with the economic impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic. The company provides unlimited broadband services to various states, including;
- West Virginia
- Rhode Island
SFone Wireless has collaborated with Cintex Wireless to offer iPhones with Food Stamps to eligible residents.
The SFone uses the following criteria to determine if you’re eligible for a free iPhone or not.
- Your household income must be 135% below the Federal Poverty level
- You must be a participant of a government assistance program such as Federal Public Housing allowance, SNAP, Medicaid, and SSI
Application with SFone Wireless involves the following steps;
- Visit the company website and complete the forms by providing the necessary documentation and information to verify your eligibility
- Reach out to their customer care desks at +1(855)655-3097 and inform the company representative that you’re applying
- Submit the documentation and receive an email confirmation for the free iPhone with Food Stamps. Your product is available unless the company has run of stock
3. NewPhone Wireless
NewPhone is a popular EBB and Lifeline provider that offers free monthly wireless cellphone services and free Android and iPhone devices. You can access these benefits if you’re eligible for EBB since the program is set to expire. The company will notify its customers of any such changes in the future.
Here’s a list of requirements that you must fulfill to be eligible for an iPhone with Food Stamps at NewPhone Wireless;
- A minimum household income of 135% below the Federal Poverty Line
- You must be a participant in government assistance programs such as SSI, SNAP, Veterans Survivor Pensions Fund, Federal Public Housing Assistance, and more
- You must have experienced significant income loss as a result of a recent job loss or layoff since February 29, 2020, with a total income of $99,000 for single filers and $198,000 for joint filers within the year
- You must have been a Federal Pell Grant beneficiary in the current award year
Application Process For NewPhone Wireless Free iPhone With Food Stamps
- Visit the company website at newphone.com for an online application and begin by filling in the required fields before clicking the “sign up now” button.
- The application process requires you to submit relevant documentation for identity verification and proof of eligibility
- The company uses the federal government confidential system to verify your data and eligibility
- You’ll receive the monthly service discount and a free iPhone if your application is successful
- It takes approximately seven business days to receive your phone, and you don’t have to pay any shipping fee
Would you like to submit your application for a free iPhone? Check if any providers offering an iPhone with Food Stamp and wireless services are available within your area and apply if you meet the threshold eligibility criteria.
Are There Other Ways To Getting A Free iPhone With Food Stamps If I Don’t Qualify For SNAP Program?
One of the easiest ways of receiving an iPhone with food stamps is if you’re eligible for relevant government assistance programs. Eligibility allows you to get a phone through to a Lifeline or EBB provider. However, what if you’re ineligible for a Lifeline program or don’t reside in qualifying states?
Many scammers may promise you that you’ll receive your iPhone but may end up losing your resources if you’re not careful. The good news is that you can get your iPhone free using the following channels.
1. Get a Free iPhone Carrier Deal
One of the most straightforward ways to receive a free iPhone is by searching for available carrier phone deals and offers. Major carriers such as T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T offer regular free iPhone promotional deals.
However, they don’t offer phones free of charge. You can sign a year contract in exchange for a free phone, allowing you to pay for the phone that you get for 24-month installments. This option is excellent for you if you want an iPhone and can’t afford the price but can pay monthly installments.
All you need to do is pay the agreed small upfront fee for a free iPhone with a debit card or cash as an activation fee, although some carriers waive such fees during promotions. It would help if you ensured that you could meet the monthly installment without fail before signing up for the plan.
Carrier firms also may offer the ‘buy one get one free promotion’ that allows you to get an iPhone for your loved one. The deals change frequently.
2. Become A Free Marketing Agent
The Apple brand sometimes gives off free iPhones for marketing. For instance, you may receive a free iPhone if you own a social media such as Facebook or Instagram commanding a large follower base. The company gives you a free iPhone in exchange for social media promotions targeting Apple product customers. You can contact Apple and try your luck if you enjoy a vast social media fan base.
3. Become An iPhone Reviewer
Do you review smartphones and other devices to assist new clients and prospects choose what to buy? The iPhone may give you a free phone if you apply as a reviewer. However, your application must be approved first before you receive the phone.
Apply for a free iPhone with Food Stamps by following the required procedures. Remember that you must pass the eligibility criteria to receive your phone. You can use an alternative, such as a free iPhone carrier deal, to get your iPhone. The difference between this method and the Lifeline provider services is that you have to pay for a free iPhone using a debit card or cash monthly installments for the agreed period. The good thing is that both alternatives allow you to get an iPhone and connect with your family and friends.