How to update WhatsApp? Do you want to update WhatsApp to the latest version but don’t know how to do that? Here I will show you the three ways to update WhatsApp. WhatsApp rolls out the news feature every time to improve the performance of the messaging app and to fix the bugs that were found earlier and will be fixed in the new update. So, it is advisable to keep your WhatsApp updated.
Just like other apps, WhatsApp needs to be updated whenever requires. When WhatsApp Rolls out a new update, You have to update WhatsApp to use new features. Without updating the app, You will not be able to access those newly added features on WhatsApp. The one major benefit you will get is that you can enjoy the new features and functionalities of the latest version of WhatsApp.
Updating WhatsApp fix the bugs and some problems you are facing, improve the performance and your chat experience.
How to update WhatsApp to the latest version
You can update WhatsApp in various ways. Here, in this post, you will get 3 ways to update WhatsApp to the latest version. Also, Some people might know the process to update WhatsApp but they want to update it without the play store. they are looking for an alternate process to get the latest version of WhatsApp.
Most of the phones update the app automatically in the background whenever it finds a new update for the installed apps on your phone. But there are some people who keep disabling this option that automatically updates the app in the background to save internet data.
So without delay, let me first give you the steps for how to update WhatsApp on android, and later we will show you the steps for the iPhone. and also for the Jio Phone (Kaios).
How to update WhatsApp on Android
Follow the steps below to get the latest version of WhatsApp on android.
- Open the google play store on your android smartphone.
- Search WhatsApp in the search bar on the play store.
- If you see “Update” instead of “Open” then click on the update next to WhatsApp to get the latest version of WhatsApp.
- As soon as you click on the Update option, WhatsApp will start updating and the update will be installed on your phone.
- If there is no update, then it means that your WhatsApp is updated. Hence, no need to do anything.
In this way, you can update WhatsApp with the play store. We have an alternate method to check for the WhatsApp update and to get the latest version of WhatsApp. Just you need to do is to follow the given steps.
- Open the play store on your android mobile.
- Click on your profile icon on the top-right corner.
- Now, tap on the “My apps & games”.
- Here you will find all the apps that need to be updated.
- Check if there is an update for WhatsApp. If there is an update for WhatsApp, click on the Update. That’s it.
So, this another way to update WhatsApp within the play store.
It’s a very easy method to update WhatsApp to the latest version using play store.
Read other WhatsApp guides:
How to update WhatsApp without play store
If you don’t want to use the play store and looking for an alternative way? We have the solution for that. You can also update WhatsApp without the play store. It’s possible that you can’t able to update WhatsApp using the play store and due to some problems too. if the google play store is not working properly on your phone then you can use the alternate way to get the latest version of WhatsApp.
We all know that, if we install, download, or update any app outside the play store then we have to use the APK file of that app. First of all, let me clear some doubts. You don’t need to delete the existing WhatsApp version. The APK will override the existing WhatsApp version and will update it to the new latest version. Let me show you the steps for that.
- Download the APK of the latest version of WhatsApp from the trusted source on the internet or from the official website of WhatsApp. It’s advisable to download an APK file from a trusted source for security purposes. You will find the latest version of WhatsApp by searching “WhatsApp Messenger APK” on google. Simply, open any of the listed websites.
- Tap on the install or download to start the installation process of WhatsApp messenger.
- Before the APK starts downloading to your phone, you have to grant permission to install apps from an unknown source to your phone. Whenever you install any APK file outside the play store i.e from the website or any other source, your phone’s system will ask you first to give permission for the security purpose. If you are sure then simply tap on the Allow, it will redirects you to your phone’s setting where you have to enable the installation from the “Unknow source”.
- After that, the installation process will start and in a few minutes, you will have the latest version of WhatsApp.
- After the process completes, don’t forget to disable the “download from unknown sources” feature on your phone.
- To disable the “unknown source” simply navigate to the Phone’s setting>Security>Unkniwn Source and toggle the button to disable it.
So now you know how to update WhatsApp without play store. My advice to you always updates any app from the play store. if it’s necessary to install or update the app outside the play store then and only then go for the option to install or update the APK file.
You may like:
If for some reason you can’t update any app from the play store then the play store might not be working properly on your phone and to fix this problem you have to update the google play store first. Updating the play store fixes the most issues occurring while using the play store. You can read the steps to update the play store from here: How to update the google play store to the latest version.
The above part is for android users, What if you are an iPhone user and how do you update WhatsApp on iPhone? If you want to update WhatsApp on iPhone then let me walk you through the step-by-step process to update WhatsApp on iPhone.
How to update WhatsApp on iPhone
Follow the steps given below to get the latest version of WhatsApp on IOS.
- Launch the App Store on your iPhone.
- Search for the WhatsApp messenger in the search bar.
- After that, click on the update next to WhatsApp.
- If you can’t see the update option next to WhatsApp, it means that you already have the latest version of WhatsApp and no need to update it again.
In the alternate way to update WhatsApp on iPhone using play store, Follow the steps below.
- Launch the App Store on your Iphone.
- Click on the updates option.
- Look for the whatsapp update, if there is a need to update WhatsApp, click on the update next to the WhatsApp.
So this is how you can update WhatsApp’s new version on iPhone using the play store. If you want the new version of WhatsApp without using the play store then follow the guide we have given you. To download the new version of WhatsApp without play store, simply follow the steps given for the android phone. As there is no difference.
How to update WhatsApp on jio phone
If you are a jio phone user and using WhatsApp on jio phone and don’t know how to update WhatsApp on Jio phone then the below steps will guide you to get the latest version of WhatsApp for jio phone. The process of updating WhatsApp on jio phone is quite different from the process for Android and iPhone. because jio phone has the kai OS and its totally different from the Android OS and IOS. And also the jio phone is a keypad phone.
Steps to update whatsapp to the latest version on jio phone.
- Press the OK button to expand the installed apps on your Jio phone.
- You have to find the JioStore or Store app among other apps.
- Click on that and launch JioStore or store on your jio phone.
- Now, Scroll down and find WhatsApp, or alternatively, you can scroll to the side to select Social (To scroll side, press the right button next to the Ok button on your jio phone, and to scroll down, press the button below the OK button).
- Select WhatsApp and press the OK button.
- Then press the OK button to update WhatsApp on jio phone (If there is an update for WhatsApp)
All done! Now you have the latest version of WhatsApp on jio phone. By following these simple steps, you can update WhatsApp on jio phone with ease.
Here’s How to set caller tune on Jio.
How to update WhatsApp web
If you are using WhatsApp web then here is the guide on how to update WhatsApp web.
When you log in to the WhatsApp web through any browser such as Chrome, Firefox, and if you see the green banner at the top of the left column saying you that “Update available” then you have a new update. Simply click on the option “Click to update WhatsApp“.
This is how you can update WhatsApp web.
Regarding this topic, Some questions may arise in your mind. Let’s try to answer the question on how to update WhatsApp to the new version.
FAQ on how to get the latest version of WhatsApp
Why is my WhatsApp not updating?
There are some problems occur while updating WhatsApp because of insufficient space, poor network connectivity or compatibility issue and errors insides the google play store if you are updating Whatsapp from the play store. This is because the google play store is not working properly on your phone. By clearing the google play store cache, the most common problems regarding not updating WhatsApp could be solved.
Do I have the latest version of WhatsApp?
To check whether you have the latest version of WhatsApp, Simply navigate to the play store and search WhatsApp in the search bar. If there is an option to update WhatsApp then you don’t have the latest version of WhatsApp. You need to update the new version of WhatsApp by tapping on the Update next to WhatsApp.
Why to update WhatsApp?
To use new features and to enjoy an improved chat experience you have to update WhatsApp to the new version. When WhatsApp rolls out a new feature or fixes bugs, to use those new features you need to update the latest version of WhatsApp.
How can i update GB Whatsapp or FM WhatsApp?
In the way yo update WhatsApp, you can update GB WhatsApp and FM WhatsApp too. The updating process is same for both.
How do I know my WhatsApp version?
To know the WhatsApp version navigate to the WhatsApp>options>Settings>Help>App Info. On the App Info screen, you will find the WhatsApp version installed on your phone.
How can I update WhatsApp without App Store or play store?
To update WhatsApp without the play store or App store, you need to download and install the latest APK of WhatsApp from the internet or from the WhatsApp website. It will override the WhatsApp version installed on your phone. We recommend always use the google play store to download or update any app.
What happens if you don’t update WhatsApp?
If you don’t update WhatsApp or your phone has an older version of WhatsApp then you may miss some advanced features or functionality that are in the new update of WhatsApp. Not only WhatsApp but also for any app if you don’t update the current version to the latest version, the app can not provide you the new features and improved UI-UX.
I have given you the step-by-step process on how to update WhatsApp on Android and iPhone. But still, if you can’t update WhatsApp or facing a problem while updating WhatsApp then let me know in the comment section below. Also, in this post, I have shown you how to update WhatsApp without play store and how to get the latest version of WhatsApp on jio phone. And at the last, steps of How to update WhatsApp web.
Do share this post with your friends and you can read other WhatsApp guides on infoinsides. Thank you.