Do you want to know the difference between RTX 3050 Ti and GTX 1650? Want to know which graphic card is a better option in terms of overall performance and visual experience? In this “RTX 3050 Ti Vs GTX 1650” article we will discuss the specifications, differences, and performance of these graphics cards to know which one is better and where they find their best use.
RTX 3050 Ti Vs GTX 1650: Specifications
Below are some of the important specifications of these 2 graphics cards. These factors play an important role in deciding which graphic cards boost your gaming experience and are best for you.
|Specs||RTX 3050 Ti||GTX 1650|
|Boost Clock||1695 MHz||1665 MHz|
|Memory||4 GB GDDR6||4 GB GDDR5|
|Date Launch||May 2021||April 2019|
|Code name||GA107-8NM||N18P-G0, N18P-G61|
|Bus Interface||PCIe 4.0*16||PCIe 3.0*16|
|TGP||35-80 W||35-50 W|
|RT Cores |
(Ray Tracing and DLSS)
|Core Speed/Clock (Graphics Chip)||1035-1695 MHZ||1395-1560 MHZ|
|Memory Speed |
(V Ram Speed Clock)
|TMUs (Texture Mapping Units)||80||64|
|ROPs (Render Output Units)||48||32|
|L1 Cache||128 KB||64 KB|
|L2 Cache||2 MB||1024 KB|
RTX 3050 Ti Vs GTX 1650: Performance Comparison
To know which of these two graphics cards is better, we will compare these two graphics cards in various parameters and see which graphics card performs well.
If you want to know between the GTX 1650 and RTX 3050 Ti which graphics cards boost gaming performance, RTX 3050 Ti is one of the best options due to the Ampere architecture and increased CUDA core count. This results in a heightened gaming experience where games run smoother, frame rates are higher and visuals appear better. It is especially evident when playing newer titles that require additional graphical power.
Ray Tracing and DLSS
With the ability to support both real-time ray tracing and DLSS (Deep Learning Super Sampling), RTX 3050 Ti is the best choice for those seeking the most advanced graphical technologies currently available. Ray tracing works to elevate the lighting and reflection effects in games, leading to more authentic visuals. The GTX 1650, lacks the crucial hardware needed for ray tracing and DLSS.
Content Creation and Productivity
When it comes to content creation and video editing due to more CUDA cores, better memory bandwidth, and advanced architecture, the RTX 3050 Ti graphic card is a better option compared to the GTX 1650. With its enhanced computational power, the RTX 3050 Ti is perfect for quick render times, seamless video editing, and top-notch performance in content creation applications.
RTX 3050 Ti Vs GTX 1650: Key Differences
The RTX 3050 Ti and GTX 1650 are both graphics cards manufactured by NVIDIA, but they belong to different generations and target different market segments. Let’s discuss the key differences between these 2 graphics cards.
The RTX 3050 Ti graphic card uses Ampere architecture while the GTX 1650 is based on the Turing architecture. Ampere is a newer version of architecture and brings several improvements over Turing in terms of performance, power efficiency, and features. The architectural advancements in the RTX 3050 Ti graphic card improve its overall performance and support and make it more capable compared to GTX 1650.
The number of CUDA cores in RTX 3050 Ti is 2560 and in GTX 1650 is 896. The number of CUDA cores directly affects a graphics card’s computational power and RTX 3050 Ti has CUDA cores three times as many as the GTX 1650. This significant difference in core count allows the RTX 3050 Ti to handle complex tasks more efficiently than the GTX 1650 and deliver superior performance in gaming and content creation.
Memory and Memory Bandwidth
Both the RTX 3050 Ti and GTX 1650 come with 4 GB of VRAM, but they are different in terms of memory type and bandwidth. The RTX 3050 Ti utilizes faster GDDR6 memory, while the GTX 1650 uses GDDR5 memory. In comparison to the 128-bit bus of the GTX 1650, the RTX 3050 Ti features a wider memory bus of the same size. As a result, the RTX 3050 Ti has better memory bandwidth, which is advantageous for tasks that require intensive memory usage.
If you are looking for a graphic card that consumes less power, the GTX 1650 comes up lower in TD compared to 95W TDP seen in the RTX 3050 Ti. If you have an insubstantial power source or are looking for a system that consumes less power and generates less heat. For example, if you are looking for graphics cards ideal for laptops, adopting graphics cards with lower power consumption can significantly extend battery life.
When comparing “RTX 3050 Ti Vs GTX 1650”, the RTX 3050 Ti price is higher than the price of the GTX 1650. The reason why RTX 3050 Ti price is higher than the GTX 1650 is dependent on many factors. The GTX 1650, being an older and less powerful model, tends to be more affordable compared to the newer RTX 3050 Ti. The price of RTX 3050 Ti is $249 and the price of GTX 1650 is $149.
RTX 3050 Ti Vs GTX 1650: When and Where to Choose Which One
In this article, we already discussed a lot about RTX 3050 Ti and GTX 1650 graphics cards and their differences. Now it’s time to understand when and where to choose each graphics card based on the differences and features of both.
RTX 3050 Ti
- Superior Gaming Performance: The RTX 3050 Ti is best for gaming purposes this graphic card delivers higher frame rates, smoother gameplay, and better visual quality.
- Ray tracing and DLSS support: The RTX 3050 Ti comes with an advanced architecture that enables real-time ray tracing and DLSS and provides more realistic visuals and improved performance in games that support these features.
- Content creation and productivity: Due to higher CUDA core count, improved memory bandwidth, and architectural advancements, the RTX 3050 Ti is best for content creation tasks such as 3D rendering, video editing, and graphic design.
- Mid-range gaming systems and content creation workstations: The RTX 3050 Ti is a great choice for building mid-range gaming systems or content creation workstations that require strong gaming performance and efficient rendering capabilities.
- Budget-friendly option: The GTX 1650 is more affordable compared to the RTX 3050 Ti, making it a suitable choice for users who are looking for a cheaper solution.
- Casual gaming and esports titles: While it may not handle the latest AAA games as effectively as the RTX 3050 Ti, the GTX 1650 performs well in casual gaming and popular esports titles at 1080p resolution.
- General-purpose systems: The GTX 1650 is a decent choice for general-purpose systems used for web browsing, multimedia consumption, and light productivity tasks.
- Systems with limited power supply or thermal constraints: The lower power consumption and heat generation of the GTX 1650 make it suitable for systems with limited power capacity or those requiring better thermal management.
Based on the above-given factors you can decide which graphics cards are suitable for you and when and where you require any of them.
After analyzing both of these graphics cards it is clear that the RTX 3050 Ti is the best choice in terms of overall performance, architectural advancements, and support for advanced technologies like ray tracing and DLSS. It offers better gaming performance, improved computational power for content creation, and future-proof features and the GTX 1650 remains a viable option for budget-conscious users and those with less demanding graphics needs.