Are you facing the LG IMS keeps stopping issue? You don’t need to worry now because in this article we will discuss the “LG IMS Keeps Stopping Issue” and the ways to fix it. Along with this, we discuss what LG IMS is, what its work is, and the causes behind the LG IMS keeps stopping issue.
What is LG IMS?
LG IMS or IP Multimedia Subsystem, is a framework used by LG smartphones to enable various multimedia communication services. Both 4G LTE and 5G NR use IMS for IP based voice calls, video calls, messaging and other communication functionalities. In recent days many LG consumers have reported “LG IMS keeps stopping or not working” on their T-mobile phone.
LG IMS Keeps Stopping: How To Fix?
There are many reasons that lead LG IMS to keep stopping or not working. Mainly LG IMS keeps stopping because of two reasons: problems with the phone’s IMS app or corrupt network settings. Let’s discuss the reasons and solutions to fix LG IMS keeps stopping or LG IMS has stopped working.
Solution 1: Reboot/Restart Your LG SmartPhone
Rebooting your phone can be a basic troubleshooting step for various issues, it may not specifically address the LG IMS keeps stopping issue. It might be possible that the “LG IMS Keeps Stopping Issue” is occurring because in your device there is a bug file that stops the LG IMS app from functioning properly.
You can fix this issue by rebooting your phone, this will help refresh the system and clear any temporary glitches. Follow the steps given below to reboot/restart your phone:
- Press and hold the power button
- A menu will appear on the screen with 4 or more option (mainly power off, lock now, restart and emergency)
- Tap on the “Restart” or “Reboot” option
- Wait for your phone to power off and restart automatically
Once your phone has rebooted, check if the LG IMS stopping issue is fixed.
Solution 2: Clear Cache, Data and Force Stop
Due to the collected and corrupted data inside the LG IMS app, the app may crash again and again. By clearing your LG mobile cache and data you can fix the “LG IMS keeps stopping issue”. Steps to Clear LG IMS App Cache and Data from your LG smartphone are:
- Click on the LG IMS App icon on your LG Smartphone
- Go to info icon
- Tap on Storage tab
- Now you see two option “clear data” and “clear cache”
- Click on “Clear Data” and confirm the action
- Next tap on “Clear Cache”
- After completing this return on the app and tap on force stop
When you complete all above processes, launch your LG IMS App and check if the issue is fixed.
Solution 3: Update LG IMS App
Sometimes the “LG IMS keeps stopping error” is because of an outdated version of the LG IMS app. You can fix this issue by Updating the LG IMS app to help resolve compatibility issues and software bugs. Follow these steps to update the app:
- Open “Google Play Store” on your LG smartphone
- Click on your profile icon in the upper-right corner
- Then go to Manage Apps & Device
- Click on Manage and go to the tab name as “Updates Available”
- If an update is available, click on the “Update“
Once the update is completed check your app and see LG IMS keeps stopping issue is fixed or not.
Solution 4: Update your LG SmartPhone
If your LG smartphone’s operating system is not updated then your smartphone is not compatible with other operating system modules like LG IMS and that can cause compatibility issues and result as LG IMS keeps stopping or stopping working. Make sure that your device’s operating system is up to date to resolve compatibility issues between the LG IMS app and the system.
Solution 5: Disable and Re-enable LG IMS
Disabling and re-enabling the LG IMS app can sometimes resolve temporary glitches and bring the app back to a stable state. Follow these steps:
- Go to “Settings” on your LG smartphone.
- Tap on “Apps & Notifications” or “Applications.”
- Locate and select “LG IMS” from the list of installed apps.
- Click on the “Disable” button
- Wait for a few seconds and then click on the “Enable” button to re-enable the app.
Solution 6: Factory Reset
If none of the above solutions work, performing a factory reset on your LG smartphone can help resolve the LG IMS keeps stopping issue. It is important to know that a factory reset can erase all data from your device, so make sure to backup all your important files before performing factory reset on your device. Here’s how to perform a factory reset:
- Go to “Settings” on your LG smartphone.
- Scroll down and click on additional settings
- Click on “Backup and Reset.”
- Click on Erase all data (factory reset)
- Enter your device’s PIN, pattern, or password to confirm the action.
In this post we mentioned some of the most useful ways to fix the LG IMS keeps stopping issue. If you are facing the same issue with your LG smartphone you can use the method mentioned above and fix LG IMS Keeps Stopping. To resolve this issue start with simpler steps such as clearing cache and data or updating the app before proceeding to more advanced solutions like a factory reset.