WhatsApp is one of the most reliable and widely used messaging platforms. It is used by people of all age groups. You can use WhatsApp for different purposes like messaging, business, marketing, share files, create groups, etc., all with just an internet connection. If you’re reading this article, then I’m assuming you’re using WhatsApp, and you’re migrated to iPhone from Android and looking out for ways to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone.
You have landed in the right place. Let us discuss in detail, different ways to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone.
First, it is important that you maintain the same number across both the source and destination devices if you want to sync up the text messages on both devices. Also, WhatsApp doesn’t have an inbuilt feature that lets you transfer text messages to a new device. Therefore, we will have to rely on third-party apps such as the ones discussed below.
Transfer Whatsapp Data From Android To Iphone Using MobileTrans
It is one of the simplest and effective platforms to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. You can take a backup of chats, videos, photos, attachments, etc., and restore them to your devices. Apart from WhatsApp, it also supports other social media platforms like Line, Viber, Wechat, and KIK. You can also preview the backup before restoring them to your device. It also works well with the WhatsApp Business application. Using MobileTrans, you can:
- Transfer WhatsApp data between iPhone and Android.
- Back up the data to the computer.
- Restore the backup to Android/iPhone.
Steps to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone using MobileTrans:
- Download MobileTrans from your computer from https://download.wondershare.net/mobiletrans_full5816.exe and launch the software.
- Once the application is open, choose the ‘WhatsApp transfer’ option.
- Now, select ‘WhatsApp’ from the different tabs available
- Now, connect both your Android and iOS device to the computer.
- The software will automatically load all the messages and media before you choose to transfer.
- Click on the start button and will till the transfer is completed. You can flip the source and destination device any time and the texts from both devices will be merged.
- Please do not interrupt or perform any other action during the process. Once the transfer is completed, you can disconnect your devices and check if the restore is completed successfully.
Transfer WhatsApp Data Using iCareFone
This allows you to transfer both WhatsApp and WhatsApp Business data from Android to iOS easily. You can restore the data from KIK, LINE, VIBER, Wechat, and WhatsApp with just a single click. It is compatible with iOS/iPad 14 and later versions and with Android 10 and later. The app is extremely fast, safe, and it allows selective transfer of data. The User Interface is simple, easy to use, and it has a success rate of 99% in transferring WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone.
Steps to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone:
- Download the app from your personal computer using the below link:
Windows – https://download.tenorshare.net/go/whatsapp-transfer_2232.exe
macOS – https://download.tenorshare.net/go/whatsapp-transfer-mac_2235.dmg
- Launch the application and connect your source and destination devices.
Click on Transfer.
- Now, the backup will start. Please make sure not to use your phone while the backup is in progress.
- Click ‘Continue’.
- Once the backup is completed, it restores data to the destination device.
- The transfer will be completed in sometime. After which you can find the data in your iPhone.
Transferring WhatsApp data without a PC
In this method, you wouldn’t need a PC to migrate WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone. All you need are 2 phones and an OTG cable. With Wondershare Wutsapper you can transfer chat history, videos, emojis, images, attachments, and everything else from your Android to iPhone. It is compatible with Android 7.0 and higher and Apple iOS 9 and higher.
Steps to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone using Wondershare:
- Download the app from Playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wondershare.wutsapper.android&hl=en_US.
- Connect your Android phone with a USB-C to Lightening cable.
- Once you connect both the devices with the OTG cable, you will be asked for verification. Click ‘Trust’ on both the devices and then enter the phone number.
- Wait for Parsing to complete and click on ‘Next’.
- Now, data transfer will commence. Wait for it to be 100%.
Changing your number? WhatsApp got you covered
Changing to a new phone and a new number and worried about syncing WhatsApp data? Don’t worry, you can still access the data history from your old number. Here’s how:
- Make sure both your old number and new number are active.
- Now, go to WhatsApp, Settings.
- Now, under Accounts, choose the Change Number option.
- Enter your old and new number respectively as prompted.
- Click on Next.
- Now you can follow the above-discussed methods to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone.
Can I take a backup of WhatsApp messages and restore them on iPhone using Google Drive for free?
Answer – No, you wouldn’t be able to restore messages from Google Drive to iPhone. However, you can do this when you’re transferring between Android-to-Android devices.
Can I transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone for free?
Answer – Yes, there are plenty of third-party applications which are available for free using which you can migrate WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone for free.
How to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone?
Answer – Fortunately, there is a simple way to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone. Apple has a feature called ‘Move to iOS’ that helps you to transfer WhatsApp data like contact, setting, groups, etc. from Android to iOS. However, this feature doesn’t work for transferring chats from WhatsApp. If you want to restore the chats too, then you’ll have to rely on third-party applications.
Why not choose Email to transfer WhatsApp from Android to iPhone?
Answer – Well, you can do that. However, when you email the chat from your device, you can only open it as a document later. The chats will not be synced up on your new device.
While there are hundreds of other software and sites that serve the same purpose, it is important to choose reliable ones, as your personal data is a crucial asset. Make sure to read the reviews and details before installing or using a platform to migrate WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone. Also, enable WhatsApp’s automatic backup feature from Settings -> Chats -> chat backup -> backup to Google Drive and choose any frequency, but never.