WhatsApp is one messaging platform having a large user base. It has become one go-to and reliable application for people of all age groups. It is the fastest, simplest, and most convenient application to chit-chat with your friends, grow your business, create groups, share files, engage in private conversations with anyone you know, with just the internet connection. This unveiling feature of WhatsApp accounts for its popularity and the fact that it comes free of cost, attributes it. It has users from around 180 countries. You can take your business to great heights using WhatsApp by sending shipping alerts, verification codes, order notifications, appointment reminders, support messages, etc.
One unique feature about WhatsApp is that, with just your phone number, you can access your data from any device. Now, do you know you can use WhatsApp without a phone number? Yes, you heard me right. You can use WhatsApp without phone number. Thanks to technological improvement in this modern world, even the impossible seems possible. Now that we have discussed many tested ways for using WhatsApp without a phone, follow the steps to achieve your purpose. Further, in this article, we will talk about various methods for using WhatsApp without a phone, and you can choose a convenient method of your choice.
Pre-Requisites for Using WhatsApp Without a Phone
- Download and install WhatsApp and add it to your desktop, tablet, or laptop
- If you have WhatsApp already on your device, check if it is updated to the latest version
- Check in the installed version, if you have the verified tick
- To be eligible for a verified tick, you should have a Business Account verified by WhatsApp and Facebook
- If you have a verified WhatsApp account, then you got to delete the current number from your account
- You can achieve this by uninstalling and reinstalling it again
These are the pre-requisites and the basic steps to use WhatsApp without phone number.
Using WhatsApp Without A Phone With TextNow
TextNow is an application that is readily available in the play store, app store, Windows Store, and iTunes that enables using WhatsApp without phone number android. If you want to use WhatsApp on your Personal Computer, then you should use an Android Emulator and install TextNow. Once the app is downloaded and installed, open it and set it up following the on-screen instructions. Once the setup is complete, note your number. In case TextNow doesn’t show your number, you can follow the few simple steps listed below:
- For Android devices, open the TextNow application and click on the category icon (three lines) at the top left, and you will find your number.
- For Windows devices, open the app and go to the People tab to find your phone number.
Now open the WhatsApp application from your device and agree to WhatsApp’s terms & conditions. Once you agree, enter your number, country, and TextNow number. The next step is SMS verification, which should not use WhatsApp without a phone. Therefore, wait for it to fail. Once it fails, allow WhatsApp to make a phone call to your number for verification. You should, therefore, select the ‘call me’ option. You will receive an automatic call from WhatsApp.
Once you attend the automated call, you will hear a verification code that you should note down. Now enter the same verification code into WhatsApp. Once you enter the verification code, the setup is complete, and you can now use WhatsApp without a phone number.
Use WhatsApp Without Phone Using a Landline
An alternative way to use WhatsApp without phone number is by using your home phone or landline number as a verification medium. Follow these simple steps to use WhatsApp without a phone.
- Open the WhatsApp application from one of your devices.
- It’ll redirect you to enter your number.
- Enter your landline or home phone number and choose your country.
- Wait for about 5 minutes for SMS verification to fail.
- You will now be presented with a new option for verification–‘Call me’.
- Choose the ‘Call Me’ option and you will get a call to your given number.
- You will hear a verification code from WhatsApp.
- Enter the verification code in the WhatsApp application.
- Now, the set-up is complete and you can start using WhatsApp without phone number android.
How To Use WhatsApp Without Phone Using Texting Applications?
If you find issues while trying to use WhatsApp without phone number android, you can try using certain texting applications to use WhatsApp without phone. There are many texting applications available for free that let you receive text messages. These applications provide you with random numbers with which you can complete the verification for WhatsApp.
Some of the popular texting apps that give you a random or virtual phone number that helps you in using WhatsApp without a phone:
- Google Voice
- Global Call-Forwarding
- Virtual Phone
- USA Call-Forwarding
Steps to WhatsApp without phone number android using any of the texting applications.
- First, search for a reliable texting application that helps you use WhatsApp without a phone number.
- Now, go ahead and install it on your device.
- Launch the application you just installed.
- Once you open the app, it will give you a choice of various country codes from which you should select one country code.
- Once you choose one country code from the list of options, the app provides you with 5 different numbers to choose from.
- Choose a phone number of your choice and finish the setup.
- This is your virtual number.
Once this application’s set-up is complete, install WhatsApp from your device and perform its initial set-up. While doing so, please make to enter the number you selected from the texting application. Now, wait for the SMS verification to complete and select the ‘Call me’ option and wait for the call from WhatsApp. Now you will get the verification code in the call from WhatsApp to your texting application. Once you verify using the virtual code, you can start using WhatsApp without phone number android.
How To Use WhatsApp Without a Phone on A Pc?
Though you can use WhatsApp web on a pc, you cannot install the app on a computer. However, there are still ways to use the WhatsApp application from your personal computer rather than using the WhatsApp web. You can achieve this using Android SDK, Android emulators, third-party software, etc. BlueStacks is one such third-party software that lets you use WhatsApp on your pc by creating a mobile-like environment.
- Open a web browser of your choice from your PC and go to https://www.bluestacks.com/apps/communication/whatsapp-on-pc-mac-android-ios-web.html
- Once the page loads, click on the Download
- Now, install the application.
- Open the application and set it up following the on-screen instructions
- Launch the application and search for WhatsApp from the list of popular applications.
- Once you find it, click on install-to-install WhatsApp on your computer.
- Once the app is installed, you can open it and complete the verification process.
- If you want to use WhatsApp without a phone number, please follow the steps discussed earlier.
Final Thoughts WhatsApp can be of immense use if used in the right way. Now that we have seen the possibilities of using WhatsApp without a phone, go try it out and reap the benefits.