How to use Paytm step by step guide | In this step by step guide, we will see what is Paytm, what are the benefits of Paytm, how to use Paytm wallet, and much more related to Paytm. If you want to use the Paytm app then this guide is for you. The world is becoming digital and with these changes, we have to be digital.
You use mobile, TV, electricity, and much more, and to continuously use these services you have to pay for that. Some of you go to the nearest shop and pay for mobile recharge, electricity bill payment, DTH recharge right? but why? is there any other option by which we can pay for that from our home? Yes, you can pay from your home through your mobile. you don’t need to go anywhere. but How? you can do this by creating an account in Paytm.
Before starting this guide on How to use Paytm app step by step, let’s first see what is Paytm and what is Paytm wallet.
What is Paytm
Paytm is one type of virtual wallet and through this wallet, you can add money to your wallet, you can withdraw money from your virtual Paytm wallet. Paytm offers you an easy method to pay someone for their services such as for mobile recharge, bill payment, etc. in Paytm mall you can buy products just like amazon, Flipkart, etc.
Now you know what is Paytm. but do you know what we can do through the Paytm app? what are the benefits of Paytm? let’s see it.
what we can do through Paytm – benefits of Paytm
You can do mobile recharge, pay for utility bill payments, can book a train ticket, plane ticket, movie ticket, you can invest in mutual funds, you can send money to your relatives, transfer money from bank account to Paytm wallet, and vice versa, and much more.
Now we are going to start our exclusive guide and step by step guide on how to use Paytm, how to use Paytm wallet for the first time, and also we will learn how to use Paytm voucher, How to use Paytm promo code, how to do mobile recharge and utility bill payment through Paytm app, how to add a bank account to Paytm, how to send or receive money in Paytm and much more. so stay tuned.
How to use Paytm [step by step]
To use Paytm you need to download the Paytm app from the play store (Android) or from the app store (iOS). after downloading the Paytm app you have to create an account. if you already have a Paytm account then just skip this step.
How to create a Paytm account
- First, open the Paytm app and click on the profile located at the top-left corner in the Paytm app.
- Click on the create a new account.
- After that, you have to enter your mobile number, email ID, and set a strong password. (Give some basic information)
- verify your mobile number by entering OTP that has been sent to your mobile number by Paytm.
Now you have successfully created your Paytm account. this is how you can create a Paytm account. the next step is to log in to your Paytm account by entering a mobile number and password that you have set earlier.
After login, you will see this type of screen as shown in the screenshot below.
At the top of your Paytm app, you are given many options where you can perform many tasks. let’s see one by one.
Here you can see lots of options such as Pay, Add money, UPI, Recharge & Bill Payment, Bank, Paytm money, and so on. also you can expand more options by clicking on the Show more button.
At the top of the screen, you will see only three options Pay, UPI money transfer, and Add Money. Swap right to see other options.
Pay: The first option is Pay. if you want to pay someone then you can do it by clicking on this icon. you can pay money to your friends from your Paytm wallet.
UPI Money transfer: you can transfer money via UPI. for that you have to link your bank account with Paytm. when you link your bank account with Paytm you are given a UPI id by which you can send money directly from your bank.
Add Money: when you create your Paytm account for the first time, there is no money in your Paytm wallet. and without it, you can not send money to anybody. first, you have to add some money to your Paytm wallet. so to add money click on the add money option and add via debit card, credit card, bank, etc.
Passbook: in the passbook option you can see your Paytm wallet balance and can check how much money is in your Paytm wallet, you can check recent transactions (payment history and statement) that you have made via Paytm.
Become a Merchant: if you want to be a merchant in Paytm you can do this. to become a merchant you have to create a Paytm for business account.
Wallet to Bank: If you want to send money from your Paytm wallet to your bank account then click on this option and enter the amount you want to send.
Paytm First: can play games in Paytm first game and can win cash.
Nearby Stores: you can find the nearest stores in your area, city where you can pay via Paytm wallet.
UPI: in that option, you can create a UPI id, can see other information too.
Nearby KYC Point: in Paytm you have to complete your KYC (know your customer) to send or receive money and to use all the services provided by Paytm. you can check the nearest Paytm KYC point in this option.
So these are the options that are given at the top of the Paytm app. now let’s see how to use Paytm for mobile recharges, utility bill payments, online shopping, ticket booking.
How to use Paytm for mobile recharge and for utility bill payments
On the Home page of Paytm you are given many options and to explore more options click on the Show more button. Let’s see how to use Paytm for mobile recharge.
How to use Paytm for mobile recharge
- If you want to do mobile recharge then click on the Recharge and Pay Bills option. refer to the first screenshot.
- When you click on this option, another small screen will appear and on this small screen there are lots of options are given to you. let’s discuss one by one.
- Prepaid/Postpaid: To do mobile recharge click on this option. enter your mobile number and choose your plan and make payment via Paytm wallet or via debit card, credit card, UPI, net banking, etc. You are done.
This is how you can use Paytm for mobile recharge so not let’s see how to use Paytm for utility bill payments, DTH recharge.
How to use Paytm for utility bill payments
Next to the prepaid/postpaid options, you are given options for utility bill payments.
- DTH: To make payment for your DTH recharge click on the DTH option.
- Metro: You can book your metro train ticket in this by clicking on this option.
- Electricity: To pay the electricity bill click on this option, choose your electricity bill provider, and make payment via Paytm wallet or via other payment method options.
- Book a cylinder: To book a gas cylinder tap on this option and select your Gas provider, booking type value (LPG ID, mobile number, etc), and book your gas cylinder.
- Broadband/Landline: you can make payment for your broadband/landline too. just select the operator, then enter the customer number and pay.
- Credit card payment: To pay for your credit card bill click on this option and enter your credit card details and pay.
- insurance/LIC premium: to pay the bill for Insurance/LIC premium.
- Pay Loan: To make Loan payments tap on this option then select your lender then give other necessary details and pay.
Just like this, there are many options that are available for different services. so this is how you can use Paytm for utility bill payments too. so now you know how to use Paytm for mobile recharge, electricity bill payment, DTH, and for other utility bill payments.
Hope you are enjoying this article. do not forget to share this post with your friends when this article ends. let’s continue this post.
- How to use google drive on android
- How to use WhatsApp on PC
- How to create google form in a mobile step by step guide
Click on the Show more button shown in the first screenshot.
Here you will see more options and all the options are for different purposes. refer to the screenshot below.
when you explore more options, you are given different categories for different uses. such as the Loan and insurance category in which loan and insurance-related menus will be given to you.
Similarly, Online shopping, Travel, Movies & Events, Recharge and Pay bills, Mini app store (recently launched by Paytm), and other services related categories are there.
how to use Paytm for online shopping and ticket booking
- Click on the Online shopping category and find the product you want to buy. you can search for the product you are wondering to buy. also some other product categories are given such as electronics, beauty & grooming, etc.
- select the product and make payment. the product will be delivered to your address (make sure you have entered the address in your Paytm profile).
- To book a Plane ticket, train ticket, bus ticket click on the Travel option and book your ticket.
- To book a movie ticket click on the Movies & Event option and book your movie ticket.
And similarly, you can check other options too. open every option and see what you can do in that option. Use it according to your need. Now let’s see how to to use Paytm vouchers and how to use Paytm promo code.
How to use Paytm voucher
when you buy something through Paytm or do mobile recharge or pay for utility bill payments, you earn some voucher in some cases. it depends on the ongoing offer when you have made a purchase.
For example, you have booked a movie ticket in Paytm and you get a bus ticket voucher. so next time when you want to book a bust ticket then you can use this voucher to get an extra discount depending on the condition. but these vouchers are for a limited time period and to get full benefits of these vouchers you have to use it during the given period of time.
So now you know how to use the Paytm voucher and the next topic of this article is how to use the Paytm promo code. how can I use promo code in Paytm?
How to use Paytm promo code
By entering the right promo code you can get cash back on a purchase you have made. There is an option to enter a promo code while doing mobile recharge, paying for utility bill payments, and so on.
Enter the valid promo code you have and make payment. when your transaction will be completed you will get a cashback within 24 hours. and the cashback will be deposited in your Paytm wallet.
So this is how you can use a promo code in Paytm and can use a voucher in Paytm.
You may have some questions related to Paytm. below are some FAQs of Paytm. if you have any doubts or if you are facing any difficulty then do comment. we will be happy to answer you.
Is Paytm safe?
the answer is Yes. Paytm has crores of users and to keep their user’s information safe, Paytm uses advanced security features.
How can I contact Paytm customer care?
You can directly contact Paytm customer care through your Paytm app. when you click on your profile you will find the 24*7 Help & Support option. this is the option from where you can contact Paytm customer care and also you can contact them through their blog and forums.
How to do full KYC in Paytm
To complete the full KYC you have to go to the nearest Paytm KYC center. you can not complete the full KYC in the Paytm app.
How to complete mini KYC in Paytm?
If you want to complete your Paytm mini KYC then it is very easy and you can do it in the Paytm app. for that you have to visit the setting options in the Paytm app and have to upload a valid ID proof.
How to log Out from Paytm?
Follow these steps.
- Open the Paytm app and click on the profile icon.
- find the option setting and click on It.
- scroll down and at the bottom, you will find the Logout option. Click on that.
That’s it. now you are logged out from Paytm.
guys in this article we have learned what is Paytm and what are the benefits of Paytm, what you can do through Paytm, how to use the Paytm wallet, and also we have seen how to use Paytm for mobile recharge and for utility bill payments, and online shopping. how to use promo code and voucher in Paytm and covered some Paytm FAQs (frequently asked questions) and so on.
If you really find this post valuable then share this article with your friends. read more interesting and knowledgeable articles in this blog. Thank you.