Belkin routers are currently the most widely used and popular routers on the market. Belkin routers give excellent network coverage and high-speed internet. Belkin is well-known for providing dependable customer service to all of its clients. If you have a Wi-Fi-enabled laptop, desktop computer, or other smart device, you can set up the Belkin router using both wireless and cable connections. Belkin routers are famous for their best features like:
- Fast wireless speeds.
- Excellent connectivity
- Supports USB ports connection
- It’s compatible with host printers.
Though it has several advantages, the users facing belkin wireless router keep disconnecting issues frequently. A sporadic internet connection that goes down isn’t just a petty annoyance; it may be a big hindrance to daily living. Here, in this article, we have given you the complete guide on the reasons for belkin wifi signal keep dropping and how to stop belkin router keeps disconnecting.
Best Solution to Fix Belkin Router Keep Disconnecting or Belkin Wifi Signal Keep Dropping Issue
It’s important to figure out what’s causing these problems and why does belkin wireless router keep disconnecting from the internet? This will assist you in properly dealing with the problem of lack of connectivity between your router and modem. Belkin wifi signal keep dropping issues can occur for a variety of causes like a misconfigured router, wireless settings conflict, low-quality signal, power interruptions, interference from another wireless device. So, it is always essential to know the reasons to resolve the belkin router keep disconnecting.
How To Stop Belkin Wireless Router Keeps Disconnecting or Belkin Wifi Signal Keep Dropping?
Multiple factors can interrupt the router service and you have more ways to stop belkin router keeps disconnecting by knowing the exact issue. The first and simple solution is to restart the entire router network. This is what you must do.
- Turn off your modem and the Belkin Router.
- Disconnect the Ethernet cable between your modem and router.
- Remove both your modem and router’s power adapters now.
- Wait for 2 minutes before reconnecting the power adapters.
- Turn on your modem and router, then wait for the router to establish a network connection.
List of Issues for Belkin Router Keeps Dropping and The Solution to Fix Them
Issue 1: Your wireless router’s signal quality is Low
The location of your router affects your wireless network’s performance. Physical impediments such as walls and floors may cause your router or wireless PCs to lose connectivity.
How to resolve the belkin wifi signal keep dropping issues?
To get a better signal, try moving the PCs or laptop to a new position. The best place to put it would be at the heart of your home. Keep the router away from heavy metal objects, areas with a high-water concentration like bathrooms, water tanks, fish tanks, and any electrical equipment, such as televisions, radios, and microwaves. It’s ideal if the router is within the computer’s line of sight. This will ensure that the devices have a robust Wi-Fi connection.
Issue 2: Power Outage
As soon as your router recovers from a power outage, you may notice that it has an intermittent wireless connection or no connection at all.
How to resolve the issue?
If this occurs, power cycling your router is a recommended workaround. To do so, turn your gadget off and unhook it from the outlet. Before connecting it back in and ON, wait 10 seconds.
Issue 3: Other wireless gadgets can interfere
Interference occurs when there is a conflict with other wireless devices on your network that are using the same frequency. Cordless phones, baby monitors, and microwave ovens are some of the most prevalent gadgets that use the same frequency.
How to Fix it?
To fix the problem, turn off the gadget that may interfere or move your router away from it. Another option is to alter your router’s current Wi-Fi settings by following the below steps.
- On a computer that is connected to your Wi-Fi, open a web browser.
- In the Address bar, enter the router’s default IP address, “192.168.2.1,” and hit Enter.
- Select Login from the drop-down menu.
- You’ll be prompted to enter the router’s administrative password. Simply leave the Password field blank and click Submit if you haven’t set a custom password.
- Click Channel and SSID in the Wireless section.
- Select your preferred wireless channel from the Wireless Channel section. You can choose channels 1,6, or 11 as they are non-overlapping.
- Click on Apply Changes to save the updated changes.
Issue 4: Broken Ethernet Cables
Another cause of problems like belkin wireless router keeps dropping is a breakdown in communication between the modem and router. When you use an Ethernet connection to connect the modem to the router, if there is any loose-fitting or has physical damage, then it can cause problems. You cannot access the internet in such circumstances.
How do you fix it?
Examine your cabling and double-check that it’s all in the right places. Replace them with newer cables if necessary.
Issue 5: Problem with Wireless Adapter
If you’re using a wireless internet connection with your Belkin router, a wireless adapter could be the source of your problem. Belkin wireless adapter keeps disconnecting, if it is not ON or not connected properly.
Tips to Fix:
- Determine whether your wireless adapter can receive a wireless signal. If it cannot get a signal, it has been turned off.
- If you discovered that the adapter is turned off, you must turn it back on.
As a result, you may fix the connection problem by checking your wireless adapter and making sure it’s turned on. This way you can fix the belkin wireless adapter keeps disconnecting error.
Issue 6: Outdated Router Settings
For setting up an internet connection with your router, external settings are crucial. You must reset your Belkin router settings if it does not enable your router settings. Here are a few things to think about when it comes to restarting your router.
- The first step is to locate the Utilities section.
- Select Restore Factory Default from the drop-down menu.
- Next, select Restore Defaults from the drop-down menu.
- A message as a web page dialogue box will now appear. Click the OK button in this dialogue box to confirm.
- Your router will now execute an automatic restore and reboot.
- After you’ve rebooted your router, restart your PC as well.
If there was belkin router keeps disconnecting issue in your router settings, it would be resolved during this process, and you could connect to the internet with your Belkin router.
Belkin Routers are a great way to get access to a continuous data flow. Issues like Wi-Fi signal dropping, rapidly weakening, or signal fading frequently cause stumbling blocks and harm your online efficiency. Though there are a variety of causes for such problems, you can make your Belkin Router continue to function by following the troubleshooting procedures outlined here.