Since Apple’s release, iPhone has been an immensely successful product. The main reasons being the design and the fact that Apple had complete control over both iPhone’s software and hardware. Some facts that account to its popularity:
- Their software is always up to date.
- They provide great customer support.
- They offer powerful performance.
- Eye-catching design
- They provide value-added services to customers.
Most of the world’s population uses the iPhone. Another main reason that attributes to its popularity is the security it offers for your data and privacy. According to Apple, setting a strong passcode, is an important step, as it prevents anyone else from accessing your data. In this article, you will find detailed steps to reset iPhone without password.
Reset iPhone Without Passcode
if you’re an iPhone user, you may want to reset iPhone without password.
- You forget the passcode you set up initially.
- When the phone is disabled after many failed attempts.
- When you want to open a passcode-locked iPhone for any emergency purposes.
- When you’re planning to sell the device but forgot the password.
- When the display is blacked out and you’re not able to enter the passcode.
Under these circumstances, the only way to access your phone is to perform iPhone reset without passcode, which can remove or wash away everything from your phone including your passcode. Your phone will feel like a brand new one to operate.
Excited? Let us look at some methods that would let you reset iPhone without passcode.
Prerequisites To Reset iPhone Without Password
Before getting into the methods to reset an iphone without password, you should be aware of the following things:
- Though it is okay to forget your passcode, it is important for you to remember the ID and password of your Apple account as Apple id and password will not be removed along with the other data after a reset. Therefore, this is important for you to continue using your phone after resetting it.
- If you want access to all the data after resetting, it is possible only if you had taken a backup of all the data previously. Having said this, this is the reason why backing up data consistently is an important step to buy the data.
With this information, with no further delay, let us now focus on iPhone reset without passcode.
One of the quickest and easiest ways to reset iPhone without password is by using EaseUS MobiUnlock. It lets you unlock your locked or disabled iPhone with just a single click. It is compatible with all the versions of the iPhone. You can also use this to remove the face id and fingerprints from your iPhone. It is simple to use, great in performance, and highly reliable.
iPhone Reset Without Passcode Using EaseUS MobiUnlock
Steps to unlock your device quickly with the help of EaseUS MobiUnlock:
- Run Exe file of the software from https://www.easeus.com/unlock-iphone/
- To run it from your PC, use the link https://down.easeus.com/product/mobiunlock.
- Connect your iPad or any device to this application and click on Start.
- Now, you will see a screen where the version details of the connected device will be displayed
- Check the details and click on Download Firmware
- Once you click on Download Firmware click on Verify Firmware to continue the process.
- Once you verify, it will prompt you with a dialog box containing a warning message.
- Enter the code in the textbox and click on Unlock.
- Wait until the tool resets your device. Please note that it will erase too along with all the data from your device with the face id, fingerprint, and passcode.
Reset iPhone Without Password Using Itunes
Though Apple discontinued iTunes, you can still use it to unlock your phone. If your mobile is in recovery mode, iTunes can help you unlock and assess your device. Recovery mode is basically used to restore the iOS. When you use iTunes to reset your device, it will download and install the latest OS version in your device, which automatically resets your device.
Steps to use iTunes to reset your device:
- Download and install the latest versions of iTunes on your device.
- Start your device in recovery mode.
- To do this, if you’re using iPhone 8 and later versions, press and keep holding one of the volume buttons and the power buttons until you get the option to power off the device.
- Select the option to switch off the device.
- Now connect your device to the computer by pressing and holding the power button.
- The device will now go to recovery mode.
- If you’re using iPhone 7 and older versions, press and hold the volume down button instead of the power button to take the phone to recovery mode.
- Now, you will see an alert from iTunes saying, ‘There is a problem with the iPhone (‘your device’s name’) that requires it to be updated or restored’.
- To reset iPhone without passcode, select the restore option.
Reset an iPhone without Password Using iCloud
If you had already enabled the ‘Find my iPhone’ option in your device, you can easily reset and erase the data from your device. Before starting the process, keep your Apple id and password handy and also another trusted device to receive verification code. Then follow the below steps:
- Visit the link https://iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple credentials.
- Once you’re in there, choose ‘Find iPhone’ from the list of options available.
- Proceed to the next window where you should choose ‘All devices’.
- Now, on the next screen, click on the ‘Erase this device’ option.
- The data will now be erased and you can access your device now.
This way iCloud helps you to reset an iPhone without password.
Reset iPhone Without Passcode Without Apple Credentials
All the above-discussed methods require Apple ID and password. In case you forgot your Apple credentials but remember your passcode, and you want to reset your device, this is the approach you can follow.
- Open Settings from your device.
- In the Settings, go to the General tab.
- Click on reset.
- Choose the option–‘Erase All Content and Setting’
- Now, enter the passcode when prompted and click on ‘Erase iPhone’.
Also, please note that these steps to iphone reset without passcode works only when you’re logged in to iCloud.
It can be a nightmare to lose all your data overnight and frustrating to keep trying to remember the passcode you set up initially. Resetting the passcode deletes all your data and it can never be recovered later. You could have some important, sensitive, personal, and official data in your device which you may not want to lose. It is quite common to forget a password you set up years ago.
Therefore, the best solution to this problem is, you should intermittently keep changing the passcode, so you don’t have to lose all your data suddenly. This not just applies to your iPhone, but your other devices like a personal computer, laptop, iPad as well. On the other hand, if your intention was to just reset your phone and erase all the data, then I believe, following the steps in this article religiously would do the job, as we have covered all possible steps to reset iPhone without passcode.