CA Foundation Exam is the very first exam of the CA Course which candidates can appear after passing their class 12th Exam. The preparation for CA Foundation exams can be done from classes 11 and 12th itself since a good portion of the Commerce syllabus is similar to that of the CA Foundation Syllabus. But still, before starting the preparation for the May 2022 exams, students must download and go through the CA Foundation Syllabus released by ICAI.
Students must start their preparation for the exams as the CA Foundation exam dates are already released by the ICAI. The papers are scheduled from 23rd May to 29th May 2022. To prepare well for the exams, students must complete the CA Foundation syllabus early so that they get time for revisions and practice. Students can take the help of CA Foundation question papers, mock and revision test papers for practice and know the exam pattern.
For now, scroll down to check the steps to download the CA Foundation syllabus from the ICAI official website.
How to Download CA Foundation Syllabus for May 2022?
The syllabus for CA Foundation assists the candidates to study for the exam in a particular direction without any confusion. Similarly, it will help you understand the different topics that will be asked in the exam. You can get the official syllabus for CA Foundation from the official website, and for it, you need to follow the steps given below.
- Visit the authorized portal of ICAI.
- Tab on the Students Section from the upper tab after which a drop-down menu will appear.
- From the drop-down menu in the bar, click on BoS knowledge Portal.
- Now, you will be directed to a new page that contains all the lists of the courses in the New Scheme and in the old Scheme.
- Under the “New Scheme Education and Training” tap on CA Foundation.
- At last, tap on the syllabus which is top in the option to view the CA Foundation syllabus PDF.
- You can save & download the PDF for CA Foundation on your device.
CA Foundation Subjects
The students preparing for the Foundation exam should have good knowledge about the CA Foundation Subjects. For the brief on all the subjects, refer to the list below.
Principles and Practices of Accounting: This is the first paper of CA Foundation that is of 100 marks and covers the crucial topics of Accountancy. This subject majorly focuses on developing basic accountancy knowledge in students.
Business Laws and Business Correspondence & Reporting: Business Laws is the major topic in the second paper for CA Foundation syllabus. This paper covers the law sections and is has two portions: Business Law and the other is Business Correspondence and Reporting.
Business Mathematics and Logical Reasoning and Statistics: This CA Foundation subject comprises a variety of topics that include mathematics, statistics, and logical reasoning. The non-maths students need to pay special attention to this subject. In the maths section, students have to pay special attention, although some topics are already covered in the school.
Business Economics, Business, and Commercial Knowledge: The fourth paper of CA Foundation consists of business economics and commercial knowledge subjects. It has further two portions, Business Economics which is 60 marks, and Business Commercial Knowledge that is for40 marks.
CA Foundation Exam Pattern
CA Foundation syllabus has four subjects that consist of a total of 400 marks. All four papers are of 100 marks individually. Out of these four papers, two are of objective types, and the rest two are of subjective type. There will be no negative marking for subjective papers, but 0.25 marks will be subtracted for one wrong answer in objective papers.
The passing criteria in this CA course are the same as in others. You should secure at least 40% marks in individual CA Foundation subjects and 50% in overall papers. For a more detailed Exam Pattern for CA Foundation Exam, you can refer to the table below.
|Mode of CA Foundation Exam||Offline, Pen and Paper Mode|
|Medium of CA Foundation Exam||English or Medium|
(Compulsory English for PAPER 2 Section B)
|Types of Questions||Paper 1 & 2: Subjective Type|
Paper 3 & 4: Objective Type
|Total Marks of CA Foundation Paper||400 Marks|
(100 Marks for each paper)
|Negative Marking||Paper 1 & 2: No negative marking|
Paper 3 & 4: 0.25 negative marking for every wrong answer
|Passing Criteria||40% marks on each paper|
50% marks overall in all papers
How to prepare for CA Foundation Syllabus May 2022
Your preparation can determine the result for the CA Foundation Exams. The more effort you give while preparing the CA Foundation syllabus, the better will be your result. This is the major thing that students must understand and start their preparation accordingly. There are a few tips that can help you prepare for CA Foundation Syllabus 2022. Go through these preparation tips and prepare your plan accordingly.
- Refer to only the syllabus by ICAI. If you want to have a soft copy, then you can download the CA Foundation syllabus 2022 pdf from the ICAI official website.
- Divide the syllabus as per the weightage. Also, separate out the topics which are easy as well as scoring.
- Prepare a study schedule allocating time for each of the CA Foundation subjects or papers. Also, make sure that along with the theory, you are solving the practical questions.
- Start from the easy topics comprising good weightage in the exam and then move towards the tough one.
- After going through the entire syllabus, start practising the CA Foundation question papers and sample papers.
- Give at least 5 to 6 mock tests before the exam and self evaluate the answer sheet to note out your preparation and improvements.
Therefore, CA Foundation Exam is the basic exam in the CA Course, but the syllabus is not basic, and you should not take it lightly. Allocate proper time for study and be regular in the same. You should only follow the ICAI CA Foundation syllabus that can be downloaded from the ICAI website. At last, practice and hard work is the key that you should never skip. So, keep practising the questions from modules and previous years and multiple mock tests for self-evaluation.